Anyone knows that when someone is caught red-handed that they will retaliate. The truth is being revealed about The C. Taylor Modeling Agency and Theresa Catanese - So please if you REALLY want to know the truth, please go to the Vanderburgh County Court Systems in Evansville Indiana and check it out for yourself!!!!! Please do not believe the slanderous lies that she has been spreading about the people involved. Get the facts.

And consider this: If a well known news reporter did a special story about all of this, you know she has to be very careful about her facts. She cannot air anything that cannot be proven.

Please read the News Story below:

Reporter: Stefanie Silvey Channel 14-WFIE Evansville, Indiana

New Media Producer: Rachel Beavin

The owner of an Evansville talent and modeling agency is ordered to pay up after being sued by models who say she pocketed their paychecks.

The C. Taylor Agency has been in business in Evansville for more than a decade. (SO she says.... actually it has been about 4 years).

The owner, Theresa Catanese, has been active in the local pageant world for years.

Now, several models say she hasn't been paying them for their time and work.

We spoke to former clients of Catanese. One after another have gone to court to fight for a paycheck they say they never received.

Former client, Andrea Simmons, says she tried very hard to contact Catanese, "I tried contacting her on several occasions and had no response. Her voice mails were always full so you couldn't even leave a message."

Amanda McClure says she is still waiting on payment from a lengthy job," I did a job for her in October 2005. It was supposed to be a four hour, six day event where I was paid and she didn't pay me for those."

They say local companies paid Theresa Catanese's agency a paycheck for promotional jobs her models did. She was supposed to take a percentage of the money and then pay the models, but the models say instead she took it all.

McClure says, "I think she doesn't think we would have went this far but I mean, there's a lot of girls she hasn't paid so we're determined to get it."

McClure goes on to say, "I deserve to be paid. I took off work to work for her and I missed school to work for her and she should pay it."

Molli Funk sued for thousands of dollars, and won, after she modeled and provided other models to do a job for Catanese. Funk says she ended up paying the other models out of her own pocket when Catanese didn't, "No one should have to go through this to get their money and what is rightfully theirs and what they are owed. She knows this and she's the one who has to look at herself in the mirror everyday."

Some have appeared in court more than once, after a judge ordered Catanese to pay up, and she didn't.

Many times Catanese has failed to show up at all, and that's also what happened with us. After she failed to show up for our scheduled interview, she issued this statement:

"I am fully aware of the talent that needs to be paid for jobs they have performed. We have full intentions of paying those individuals as quickly as possible. If any individual feels that they have not received full compensation in work they have completed, they are welcome to call us and we will help resolve the issue. The C. Taylor agency has been successful helping to launch the careers of many local and national talent and are looking forward to help both talent and clients in the future."

A judge ordered the money owed to one model garnished from Theresa Catanese's assets after Catanese failed to appear in court a second time with this particular model.

Four models have sued Catanese. In every case, the judge has ruled in favor of the models.

Amanda McClure went back to court this Monday for the 3rd time because Theresa did not pay her from 2005, and Theresa has not shown up to ANY court hearings. SO.. the judge ordered her to pay the money in full within 2 weeks, or there will be a warrant out for Theresa's arrest.

Molli Funk's attorney went back to court this Wednesday with Theresa because she had lied about her income and had to be served legal garnishment papers on the set of a photoshoot recently (in front of the client and models, I might add!) They are still trying to work with Theresa on paying back the $4000 she owes Molli alone, but if it does not happen soon, the future does not look too bright for Mrs. Catanese.

MOST of the models who Theresa owes money to are out of state. This is how she does most of her business because now all of the local clients are aware of her methods. This makes it very difficult for anyone to sue her if they live so far away! ....ALL part of the plan, I am sure.

If you "GOOGLE" the words Theresa Catanese or The C. Taylor Agency along with the word SCAM.... its gets very interesting how many other models are out there.

Anyone can go to the Vanderburgh County Courts and look up these words to find out the truth for yourself. The one where Theresa was arrested for criminal check deception is very interesting as well.

Theresa Catanese

Natasha Smith

Andrea Simmons

Amanda McClure

Molli Funk

I also want to add that I have been very pleased with the Vanderburgh Court system,,,,,,,,,Theresa has been forced 3 out of the 4 times with arrest if she did not pay in full,,,,,,Amanda McClure was finally paid in full Feb.26, 2008 only after Theresa knew that they would no longer tolerate her for all of her defaults on this judgement.

Had an Experience with Theresa Catanese owner of C Taylor Agency?

Comments

#120043

:grin

C Taylor agency victim

In November 2005 I was hired to do a video shoot for Bristol Scribb by Lori Rosas of the C. Taylor Agency. After 90 days of not receiving payment I contacted Mrs. Rosas and was informed that she had since disassociated herself with the C. Taylor Agency. She had recently found out that the owner, Theresa Cantanese was cashing the checks for all modeling/actor jobs and not paying the talent for their work as agreed per contract.

I contacted Mrs. Cantanese myself and was given lies after lies from Feb. 2005-May 2005 via email and phone. She frequently told me that the check was 'in the mail' or that the client had not paid yet and she would have to invoice them again. With the help of Mrs. Rosas who was also a victim of Mrs. Cantanese, I tracked down the receipts of the cashed checks that had been deposited back in January! She was lying for 5 months!

I proceeded to file against her in small claims court for everything I was owed, plus interest, mileage, etc. Of course Mrs. Cantanese did not show at the court date in July 2006. However, the judge awarded me the claim since she failed to appear and I had to now re-file for payment. I filed again and was set to go to court again in August when Mrs. Cantanese received her second summons and would be in contempt of court if she failed to show a second time and would have a warrant issued for her arrest.

So I suppose she decided it was in her best interest to pay the judgment...

She owes thousands of dollars in unpaid wages to talent all over the country. Do not get involved with this agency because you will never receive payment unless you take legal action against her. She frequently threatens people who speak out against her with slander lawsuits, however we have yet to see her take anyone to court because she knows she will have to answer why she has not paid her talent.

I also spoke with Robert Vega of the U.S Dept. of Wages and Labor and he told me not to worry about such idle threats. Slander is considered FALSE words spoken to damage someone's good name. You can consider these charges to be true because I have documented proof from a court of law that Mrs. Cantanese does not pay for work done for the C. Taylor Agency!

I also have emails from Mrs. Cantanese herself trying to lie to me about my wages when I had a cashed check receipt in hand proving otherwise. I thought that my lawsuit would teach her a lesson but I guess not because I am starting to hear about people all over the country who are victims of Mrs. Cantanese and her agency.

The only action I would recommend is to take the agency to court for your unpaid wages and try to warn others about doing business with this agency. This agency needs to be put out of business for good!

Natasha

Columbia, Tennessee

U.S.A.

it should also be noted that she in in partenership with Tina Norris with TNT Mgmt, these two people are crooked, evil, and scams, they need to be stopped

MOLLI FUNK